Thank you to everyone who attended our workshop this week for the Heritage Land Bank Chugiak-Eagle River Site Specific Land Use Plan (Carol Creek Plan) update! About 30 people attended the workshop at Fire Lake Elementary on Monday, March 21, and we had some very helpful discussions and feedback from neighbors.
Materials from Monday’s Workshop (click to view and download)
Presentation about the existing plan, reasons for update, and proposed AWWU project
Public involvement and plan schedule for 2016 update
Plan objectives and development intent, excerpted from the 2010 Land Use Plan
2010 Land Use Plan Map
Posters from breakout sessions about density options for each area of the property
As we mentioned in the workshop, part of our task is to take a closer look at what’s possible on the site and explore the questions that HLB will need to answer as they move forward in the process of subdividing and potentially disposing of this property for future development.
- Meet with community councils in May to provide a brief update on the March workshop and our project overall;
- Prepare the draft plan this spring and summer, continue consultations with agencies
- Share draft plan with the public and community councils in early fall
- Host public open house/workshop for draft plan in the fall
- Finalize draft plan and prepare for formal agency review and approval process in winter 2016-17
And of course, we welcome your input and comments throughout this process! You can submit written comments and questions to email@example.com, or contact the team by clicking on the Contact page.
We will share regular updates on the project via e-mail and on this website, including notice of upcoming presentations at community councils in May.